please don't read this

someone call the boys in white, we got a keeper here

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Groundhog Day

Saw the movie Groundhog Day with Bill Murray. This is my life. Wake up, go to work, have lunch, come home, go to bed, rinse+repeat. 7 days a week. See the same people you know, see the same sample of the population you don't, read the same newspaper with slightly different current events and a slightly reconfigured Japanese number puzzle, have the same conversations that slowly paint a picture of someone's life, make a joke here, a cute observation there all to add to a bank account so you can buy shit you don't need.

All the days blend into one another and are indistunguishible from one to the next. At the end of everyday, I count down to 5 o'clock like it's New Year's Eve, and for a few seconds there's happyness in knowing the next few hours will be different from the preceding 8. But instead of celebration, a funeral dirge plays in my mind, a happy one as far as funeral dirges go.

It doesn't really bother me, but I sense that my subconscious is planning something because it is bothering it. Actually nothing really bothers me and nothing really matters. I live in a world of indifference. Anyway, if I don't do something, like Bill Murray, then "someone else" will and what began as Groundhog Day will instead end up as the commonly themed Fight Club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home